Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T520 36"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, happy 2021.

I own a HP DesignJet T520 36".  This is baffling and I am out of solutions- the plotter would not auto rotate.  I've been using this plotter since 2014- never had this problem before.  My drawings are always in landscape orientation, 24x36" D size, printed & auto rotated on to 24" roll

I am suspecting a bad driver issued on December 16, 2020 causing the printer not auto rotating.

Within the Printing Preference menu, it kept showing I have 36" roll installed, when HP Design Utility is showing 24.01".  All the setting within Printing Preference are set on "use printer setting", and never had an issue, but the driver would not recognize I have 24" roll loaded.

I updated the firmware (AXP2CN2022AR).  This is the Rev A.  There is a Rev B/C but I cannot install it manually (via the Design Utility- select file- upload to printer) or HP Support Assistant, but I don't think it's a firmware issue.  I deleted the printer from Windows, reinstalled, performed hard reset on the plotter- not working, still plots wrong, and kept indicate I have 36" roll.  Never had this issue before.  I am guessing a bad driver.  Are you experiencing this? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @HowardF422 

Try setting the Rotation to Rotate by 90 degrees and try printing again.

Regards.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  No matter the setting the printer wants to print landscape on a 24" roll.

HP Recommended

Hello @wdwhitlockjr 

Usually by following this table will fix that issue, check what option applies for you, and let me know if any works for you.

HarryCR_0-1612362993440.png

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi @HarryCR

Holy.... this does not make any sense, but it is printing correctly now as of 2/3/2021.

I have tried all the combination on the chart you provided in December, and in January, wasted whole bunch of paper and had mismatch issues. 

I updated my drivers (removed all old ones v3, v4, pcl, etc... from system, even went into the registry) to 3.3.6.1545 released on 1/29/2021- and tried again with your table today and it is printing correctly with AutoCAD.

These are my settings: in AutoCAD, Landscape.  In Printing Preference- 24" Roll, Arch D, Portrait Orientation, Auto Rotate.

I am guessing the latest driver fixed the auto-rotate issue because it would not auto-rotate with any kind of paper orientation in the previous driver version released in December.  My plotter is showing I am using 24" roll on the display, but when the job gets to the printer, the printer is asking me for 36" roll and showing mismatch warning.

I will update this thread if I am experiencing any more anomalies.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.