Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T790
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Designjet T790 

How it started. I plotted a sheet where blue was not looking as it should. I replaced the M-C printhead with a new printhead from my supply that happened to be expired. The T790 will allign printheads after installing new printhead. Allign printout looks fine. When I go to print from cpu or plotter itself "internal prints" I get a "step" printout, where when the plotter sprays ink on the page it does not line up with the previous pass. If I print a pdf from CPU and I move print quilty all the way up it prints good but it takes a long time. Any ideas on a fix. I just puchased all new printheads to see if this will fix my problem but honestly not sure. I attached some photos of the internal print out.

20180829164134578_0001.jpg20180829164134578_0002.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You did advance printhead alignment ..    did it pass ?

Did you do color calibration ?

was your paper warping ?      or too thin ?

Try thicker paper, in order to find out problem..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,  Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

Problem type: Horizental Banding or zikzak line because of looking like Z. 

Please download the below Driver:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t790-printer-series/5053926

Once update the firmware, please reseat all printhead and try to complete advance printhead alignment from service mode.  If not solved, please replace all printheads....most of time that type problems will comes from printheads....

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I updated driver and replaced all the printheads with new printheads. I ran a advanced alignment and am still having the same problem. Any ideas on a fix?

HP Recommended

You did advance printhead alignment ..    did it pass ?

Did you do color calibration ?

was your paper warping ?      or too thin ?

Try thicker paper, in order to find out problem..

HP Recommended
Hi Mta,

Thanks for your reply. Please check your carriage belt tension spring.... Maybe there have to loosen.... If not please check carriage bushing unit.... Maybe it will broken or misplaced....if OK.... Please perform carriage movement.....please check also carriage rail... Is that lubricant or not.... If not please use lubricant for WD40..... Or HP authorized lubricant oil..... Please check also encoder strip..... If all are OK.

Please Goto service mode and perform advance printhead alignment with paper advance calibration.

Are you successfully update the latest firmware. If OK.... Please try to print only best mode.... If you want to print normal or draft mode.... You need to passed all steps....

I hope you will do complete on step by steps....

Regards
Rashed
Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I found a glossy paper roll that I had on hand. I ran all the calbrations I was able to do using the glossy paper roll and finally the plotter is printing as it should. Thank you all for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.