Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T830 24"
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a 'new' problem trying to print a mixed raster / vector file.   The problem is new in the sense that I have printed the same / similar file & size previously with success, but now the raster is not rendering properly.   This can be seen in the attached print preview image and the actual printout is faithful to the preview, ie the top part of the raster is missing.   I have experimented with different page sizes but to no avail.

The Designjet is less than 1 month old and the only recent change to my system in that time is the addition of a new HP m477fdw Colour Laserjet and it's driver.   I appreciate this appears to be a memory issue, but why the sudden problem when it was working previously?

Any help prior to raising with support, would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Print preview - raster errorPrint preview - raster error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This problem has now been resolved through Tech Support (Prashan based in Bangalore - thank you - also the HP employee who suggested tech support - I believe you wish to remain anonymous, but 'T' thank you too). 

A GL2 driver is required for the correct printing of raster images.

One gripe, the GL2 driver does not support print preview which is a great shame as this was useful before committing to a sizeable print out where final tweaks might be picked up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This problem has now been resolved through Tech Support (Prashan based in Bangalore - thank you - also the HP employee who suggested tech support - I believe you wish to remain anonymous, but 'T' thank you too). 

A GL2 driver is required for the correct printing of raster images.

One gripe, the GL2 driver does not support print preview which is a great shame as this was useful before committing to a sizeable print out where final tweaks might be picked up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.