Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I have bought HP Designjet Z6100ps. When I turn it on it gives me couple signals, flashing green light on the front panel and blank screen. Two times it worked good. The first time from the 5th attempt, the second from the 3rd. But now it's not loading the screen.

I checked all three fans - are working. I changed the main board battery. But nothing helped.

This is the video of front panel behavior: http://youtu.be/52zCsT8BnN0

The Power Switch LED is yellow before turning on from the front panel and then it's blue.

I also made photos of LEDs on the PrintMech PCA (attached).

Please, help. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It helped. Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Reseat the formatter (connections).

HP Recommended

It helped. Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Good to hear.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the exact same problem with my z6100ps.  I was wonder if you could explain how you fixed it?

HP Recommended

My Designjet Z6100ps won't start up. It makes a noise like a fax machine then a noise like a busy ring. The screen stay on but no error codes. What can check to make it start up ?

HP Recommended
What exactly did you do to get it running ? My printer is doing exact thing. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
HP Recommended

Hi,

How many beeps are you getting when this happens?

Best regards

Mike G

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended
Thanks for the response.
it sounds kinda like a fax machine then I get 8 beeps and nothing else. the screen stays lit but no messages
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.