Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Latex 365
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I went to start up my HP Latex 365 yesterday (it had been idle for about 7 days) and received a message that the LM Ink cartridge was missing. I removed it and re-installed, same error. I then removed and installed a new LM cartridge and the printer does not recognize it either. Typically when you remove and install a cartridge the printer provides a confirmation "ding". I confirmed this tone by removing/re-installing the other cartridges, they all seem OK. However the LM does not "ding" when removing and installing.

Firmware is up-to-date, ink cartridge is in warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Check contacts of cartridge and in the printer where it seats, check for leaking, turn off printer from the grid and turn on again..if all is clear and same result - call hp tech support...Sometimes it happens when installed cartridge is ending and the new one happens to be faulty but you may have another problem...

HP Recommended

Yo might want to try removing all the cartridges and rebooting the printer with all empty.

Once rebooted, go to replace cartridge through the front panel and start inserting the inks.

If this fails, the first thought would be a faulty Cartridge as previously mentioned. 

Another possibility is the PIP assy that connects the Cartridge to the Ink system.

Good Luck,

Roy K

HP Recommended

@bakercreativeco 

If you are looking to dig into technical details, explore how to produce new applications or share your tips and tricks with your colleagues, the HP Latex Knowledge Center has outstanding information that can help users of this type of product. Here is the link for the HP Latex Knowledge Center. HP Latex Knowledge Center.

Latex Knowledge Center

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.