Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP T1100 Design Jet
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP design Jet T1100 is giving error message 81:01 stating possible paper jam and the screen is locked on this message and I can't get any selections to respond.  I just purchased the unit and was attempting to load paper.  When I first powered it up I got message ink has expired, I ordered ink / printheads and at this time I've installed ink only.  Installing the ink satified the issue then I attempted to load paper.

I loaded 24" roll paper and inserted paper until i got the beep tone but the unit didn't grab the paper and complet the loading process.  The screen then asked if sheet or roll and I select roll.  it insturcted me to raise the lever and I did and at that point i maunally fed the paper througe and closed lever.  

Now Im getting the error message 81:01 and my screen is locked.  I've unpluged & turned off the unit but when I try to power back up it goes through start up then the error message appears.  I have removed paper and checked but there are not torn piecse left in the unit.

Along with the screen being locked up,   the red light is on in lieu of the green & the power button is flashing 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You need to clear the paper out and then restart the printer.

System Error: 81:YZ
Problem
Description:
Problem with paper advance.
Corrective Action: Try the following:
􀂄 Open the Window and check for any visible obstacles restricting the
movement of the Drive Roller. If there is a wrinkled mass of media inside
the paper path, lift the Pinchwheels (using the Media Lever) and clear the
obstruction.
􀂄 Perform the Media Drive diagnostic test to troubleshoot the problem
further ⇒ Page 4-18.
􀂄 If the printer has a 44 inch scan axis (and a Rewinder), perform the
Rewinder diagnostic test to troubleshoot the problem further ⇒ Page 4-
􀂄 Check the connections on the Main PCA; the Media Advance Drive is
connected to the connector labeled Paper Motor.
􀂄 If the System Error continues, replace the Media Advance Driver ⇒ Page
8-155.

Do a google search for the service manual and download as you will need it to perform tests.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.