Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP T130 24-in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own an HP T130 24 - in printer. I have just replaced a 711 black cartridge with a 711B black cartridge and I am getting a message saying it is not accepted by the printer. The original 711 black cartridge that came with the printer is no longer available.

I have updated the driver bit still no luck. Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After much mucking about I connected my printer through my phone hotspot and downloaded the firmware update as you suggested. All works now. I could not do it through my PC.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Where did you get a 711B cartridge? The ink cartridges are globally regionalised and the 711B is probably not for your region.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Valsimot.

I bought it through a stationary store in Margaret River, Western Australia. They ordered it in for me.

I phoned the supplier of the printer and they said it was the right cartridge and something about the region and updating my software.

Bill

HP Recommended

If you bought it locally then it's probably the right one. You will need to check the printers firmware if the printer doesn't accept the cartridge then nothing regarding software can fix it.

If you are getting a message on the printer screen something like: This cartridge is not intended to be used in your product then it's probably a region issue. Other messages like cartridge not recognised could be just a defective new cartridge.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks again Valsimot. The message is something like this cartridge is not intended to be used in your product . I will check the printer's firmware.

Bill

HP Recommended

After much mucking about I connected my printer through my phone hotspot and downloaded the firmware update as you suggested. All works now. I could not do it through my PC.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.