Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
CR650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, i would like to replace the disk with a bigger one but I can't find the procedure to initialize a new disk. how you do it ? do you need software to transfer the complete firmware to a new disk? Thanks for the reply.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can't data on disk is encrypted,  you can only use HDD with firmware previously installed.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended
thanks for the answer valsimot, but I want to change the disk with a new one on which I have to put the firmware, as I do? there is no clear firmware installation procedure on a new blank disk. This was my question. I have the impression that HP does not want an end user to do it to earn some money from service centers!

HP Recommended

It's not possible to use any HDD and load firmware ( encrypted data) on it, only HP disk with previously loaded firmware will work. 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.