Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Z3100
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Could anyone advise regarding an 

02.1:10 error 

I installed a new drive belt to my HP Z3100 but the printer shows the above error after the rotation hour glass icon shows on the front of the HP screen and the message appears asking to restart the printer.

Anyone

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

I got same error this morning on my Z3200ps 44". I will open it & check it out later today.

Found a post from David :

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/HP-Z3200-02-1-10-erro...

HP Recommended

The one question I always ask is when you removed the carriage to change the belt, did you remove the trailing cable from the carriage or remove the trailing cable and carriage together. If you removed the trailing cable from the carriage 95% of the time the issue is you did not put the trailing back correctly into the carriage assembly. One time and only one time have I removed the trailing cable from the carriage as it was a pain to put it back correctly and on the over 50 of these types of printers I have changed the belt it was the only time I did not remove the trailing cable with the carriage assembly.

HP Recommended

David: my printer was working flawlessly for over 5 month till this morning.  I heard some sounds interminttently & did not know where it came from from timeto time before.

No big deal & always a learning experience.

HP Recommended

I opened the right cover & found the small piece on the back of the carriage box was bad & the tape I used was lose  :

(    before it was missing, when I bought the printer broken on Ebay  & someone worked on it & could not fix & sold it to me . I glued & taped it with my broken piece & it had been working for over 5 month ) .

=============

follow up :

sunday morning 03/05/17, I replaced with another old piece ( I glued the broken pieces ) , error still same as soon as the carriage box  performing prepairing print system & move to the left. I suspect the piece I replaced was super glued & too harden & no flexible acting up & down softly like the original.

HP Recommended

I spent few hours this sunday & still had no luck to solve this problem.

Just wondering why a perfectly working

printer had been printing for 5 months, then all of a sudden became useless, due to error 02.1:10.

what a shame..

HP Recommended

Hi,

If hte broken part is the carriage bushing, here is the part number

Q5669-60687 Carriage rear bushing

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

I ordered a new Q5669-60687 Carriage rear bushing just need to find out where it fits inside the printer.

Hope it works

Regards

HP Recommended

It is on the rear top of the carriage box, watch out for the side to insert.

Mostly likely when belt was changed & it felt off or when carriage box was inserted into printer & it was crushed. I did that many times before.

I ordered 2 on Ebay from a Hong Kong seller. Might take 2 weeks to arrive. I will open a DJ500 & take out the bushing

first & try to fix this Z3200 first.

Good luck on yours.

HP Recommended

Hi Jasonmiamifl,

Would you or anyone esle have a photograph of the exact area it needs installed this would save time and be of great help.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.