Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z6100 Printer series

HP Z6100 7 beeps on start up..then just black oblong on display panel..service manual says main pca..however we have replaced this ..no fix..any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry to state the obvious but did you know it was a good battery?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I would replace cmos battery. 

Worked for me

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply..we already replaced cmos battery..one of the first things we tried..

HP Recommended

Sorry to state the obvious but did you know it was a good battery?

HP Recommended

Good question..it was from an unopened pack..but certainly worth proving..thanks for the suggestion.

HP Recommended

Just to update  in case anyone else has similar issue in the future..Thanks Styloid for the suggestion to replace the cmos battery...we had done this previously HOWEVER..I noted that the original battery and the replacement had different digits ..one was CR2025.  the other was CR2032...as soon as I replaced like for like we were able to turn on without 7 beeps..at this stage it won`t initialise past the black oblong in the display but I am fairly confident that is a HDD issue...so I will advise once done..Also many thanks to DHook for his valued suggestions and assistance..most appreciated..

HP Recommended

Good news.  Well done.

P

HP Recommended

Final update...in the hope of maybe saving someone some time/effort $$ 

I returned and fitted a new HDD...all good..SO two faults ..flat then incorrect cmos battery AND a faulty HDD...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the follow up post.  Will help others out.  Glad you got it going.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.