Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T790ps 24in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a T790 that shows shows an expired HP 72 Magenta cartridge.  The cartridge has 40ml of ink remaining.  The printer has worked intermittently after turning it off/on, printing diagnostic prints and other seemingly random steps, however, there appears to be noting I can do to print to the device from Windows 10 at this time.  I have the latest firmware and printer driver, and the printer will reprint items in the job queue.  I cannot find any instructions on the printer, in the user manual, or in the ink cartridge expiration message on the computer screen that tell me how to override even though this page (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01764161) states it is possible for the T790.  Can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I agree.

I prefer to use the TCP/IP port instead the WSD

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi

You dont need to override the expiration date. Ad there is no option for that.
You just need to acknowledge the warnings foe each ink cartridge.

If you cannot print is not because the ink is expired.

Try this.

1- delete all the pending jobs at the printer panel
2- reset the ink cartridges and acknowledge the warnings
3- print the Image Quality Print to check the status of the nozzles ant the printheads.
4- replace any bad printheads
5- do the printhead alignment and paper advance calibration
6- print an internal demo to test the hardware
7- make sure the printer is installed on your computer using th HP driver. Not the class driver. Send a print

If you cannot print. Need to find out if you have a connectivity, driver, application or file problem.
On win 10. Try I installing the driver to win7 if the one for win 10 is not working
Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Completed steps 1-7 with no success.  The printer printed diagnostic and demo plots but would not print from Windows apps.  Speculating that the issue was the printer communicating back through the driver resulting in an "out of ink" condition, I disabled SNMP for the printer, assigned a TCP/IP port to the printer driver and was subsequently able to print.  I reenabled SNMP at the printer and continued to print, which makes it appear that assigning the driver to a WSD port (the default install) is the issue.  Assigning it to a standard tcp/ip port appears to resolve the "Printer not ready" problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This printer is supported to expired ink cartridges. Maybe you need reinstalled the printer driver into PC/Laptop.

Please at first check the physical ink status inside the HP Ink cartridges. Sometime printer shows on wrong status of ink level.

Please download the driver from these link: Drivers with host preview for HP DesignJet Printers

I think it will help to you.

Thanks,
Rashed

I am not an employee of HP but I am an engineer @ HP Partner and I am share my knowledge from my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I agree.

I prefer to use the TCP/IP port instead the WSD

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your solution to switch to TCP/IP. Saved my life! Did not want to toss a nearly full MK cartridge. Was able to get my job out on time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.