Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Latex 360 carriage squeaks or something is squeaking as it makes passes back toward maintainance cartridge. It makes a squeak noise when moving to the left. No print errors and prints are perfect. Printer starts up and all checks are a go. Just this horrible squeaking. Tension belt was replaced back in Sept/Oct 2021. No issues since tech install it back months ago. Just a couple weeks ago starting noticing the squeaks as carriage moves to left.

Is it the print heads needing replaced? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

According to my experience,

squeaking is generated from tensioner or carriage rail. Please lubricate the rail and tensioner.

Also, check for carriage brushes, sometimes they are worn off, the location is the undercarriage unit.

The last thing you need to check is the plotter standing on a flat surface?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

According to my experience,

squeaking is generated from tensioner or carriage rail. Please lubricate the rail and tensioner.

Also, check for carriage brushes, sometimes they are worn off, the location is the undercarriage unit.

The last thing you need to check is the plotter standing on a flat surface?

HP Recommended

Thank you. After speaking with a tech they wanted to come a replace the tensioner belt, although it was just replaced last year. I took the liberty and scoped out where squeaking was coming from. Low and beyond, it was the tensioner plate attached to end of printer. Dropped a few drops of oil on those springs and outside of tiny wheel rod that the belt goes around. Boom squeaking immediately went away and has been good since Friday. Yay!!!! Thing was driving me nutts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.