Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T770

Hello,

I'm asking if someone can help me with a plotter problem.

When I turn on the plotter, it makes its own chekup and when the carriage try to move an errore message pop up: 21:13

but if I look better inside the plotter opening the fron cover, I can see the carriage stopped by the Starwheel.

Then the carriage try to move again (also up and down) but the starwheel keeps blocking it (or better the little wings with the wheels).

I attached some pics to let me explain because of my english, :smileyembarrassed:

I got through the service manual, is there a motor that move the starwheel? could be a starwheel motor problem?

T770.jpg

Can someone help me with this issue?

Many thanks.

Matteo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem is likely with the Star Wheel Motor.

It appears that the star wheel is stuck in the up position. 

I believe when you enter the diagnostic menu for Scan Axis there is an option to trst the Star wheel separately.

Check on the right side (with power off & with the star wheel assembly in) if you can lift by hand and it drops down.

then check if you can move the carriage across and it makes contact.

To access the Star Wheel Motor you have to remove all the components on the left hand side (refer to Manual)

Good Luck

Roy K

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The error relates to the service station. It is possible when the service station fails it just leaves the starwheel assembly in a position to stop the carriage. Suggest you do a google search for the service manual and download it. The manual will tell you how to perform diagnostics test where you enter the menu with a special key strokes when you power on the plotter which bypasses the normal startup sequence and allows for these tests. I would enter this mode and do a test of the service station first since that is the error you are getting.

HP Recommended

Goodmorning 

HP Recommended

The problem is likely with the Star Wheel Motor.

It appears that the star wheel is stuck in the up position. 

I believe when you enter the diagnostic menu for Scan Axis there is an option to trst the Star wheel separately.

Check on the right side (with power off & with the star wheel assembly in) if you can lift by hand and it drops down.

then check if you can move the carriage across and it makes contact.

To access the Star Wheel Motor you have to remove all the components on the left hand side (refer to Manual)

Good Luck

Roy K

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

It really was the starwheel motor.

It was a big job to replace it but now everything is ok.

HP Recommended

Glad I could help TecnoPC.

Dont forget to give Kudos. 🙂

Roy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.