Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP 510 plotter

Hi there! I have owned Hp510 plotter from new for quite a while , and because it works with my as old pattern cutting software I am stuck with it and rely too much on it.

in brief after relocating printer to a different floor start up button did not fully start the printer, no sound or carriage movement ( now can’t move carriage manually either). After a few switch off s button and mains I got it working. Unfortunately I had to turn off the plug for specific reason , after that no avail nothing prompts the start. In addition I noticed on the left of the carriage Marble like orange ball which I picked up with scissors ( could be kids but we never had orange marble in a house , could it be inside part?) in addition noticed a lot of greece like inn  around the “sponge” and wheel like to the left of the carriage . Please please can I have done advice? Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

The Printer does not Power ON
1 Check that the power cord is connected correctly to the Printer and
to the Power Socket.
2 Check that the Front-Panel Cable is correctly connected to the
Interconnect PCA. Also make sure that the Front-Panel cable is not
damaged.
3 Check that the Interconnect Cable is properly connected at the both
ends of the Printer.

I know that' pretty vague advice.  Here's a link to the service manual online that you can download.  http://serviceabc.ru/manualhp/500510800service.pdf

It has all the trouble shooting steps that are too long to post here.  From the third picture you posted it appears the printer needs a thorough cleaning and maintenance.  Looks like a bit of ink build up.  Not sure what the first picture was showing though I think I see a bit of overspray on the inside.  When you push the power button, what happens exactly?  There's a list of problems the printer presents just by how the light on the power button behaves.  Check the service manual on page 1-10.  If you get no response now from the power button, you may need a new power supply.  Cheap and easily replaced.

When the printer boots, each of the bars on the panel indicate what phase of the boot up sequence the printer is on.  The picture shows you have 6 dark bars.  The manual says that indicates a problem with the firmware.  The service manual will give instructions on how to do an update, if needed.  Does it give any other error code on the front panel?

No sure what to tell you about the orange marble.  Do you have a picture of it?  Is it an actual marble?

Please post back you results in as much detail as possible.  Good luck.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Any chance you could post a picture or two of what you have described?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I will try to add some pictures or video tomorrow! 

HP Recommended

299B9908-FF0C-4EE0-A414-470273CB85AB.jpeg

7A204B95-BD84-45F9-863C-E6ED8D0D7954.jpeg

9DCF0090-4FFC-4FF5-83AC-142CAE68B0B9.jpeg

HP Recommended

I have the same issue except my load bar gets to half-way.

HP Recommended

Have you had any luck with it?

HP Recommended

No, I am still waiting for someone to advise.

HP Recommended

From the Service Manual:

The Printer does not Power ON
1 Check that the power cord is connected correctly to the Printer and
to the Power Socket.
2 Check that the Front-Panel Cable is correctly connected to the
Interconnect PCA. Also make sure that the Front-Panel cable is not
damaged.
3 Check that the Interconnect Cable is properly connected at the both
ends of the Printer.

I know that' pretty vague advice.  Here's a link to the service manual online that you can download.  http://serviceabc.ru/manualhp/500510800service.pdf

It has all the trouble shooting steps that are too long to post here.  From the third picture you posted it appears the printer needs a thorough cleaning and maintenance.  Looks like a bit of ink build up.  Not sure what the first picture was showing though I think I see a bit of overspray on the inside.  When you push the power button, what happens exactly?  There's a list of problems the printer presents just by how the light on the power button behaves.  Check the service manual on page 1-10.  If you get no response now from the power button, you may need a new power supply.  Cheap and easily replaced.

When the printer boots, each of the bars on the panel indicate what phase of the boot up sequence the printer is on.  The picture shows you have 6 dark bars.  The manual says that indicates a problem with the firmware.  The service manual will give instructions on how to do an update, if needed.  Does it give any other error code on the front panel?

No sure what to tell you about the orange marble.  Do you have a picture of it?  Is it an actual marble?

Please post back you results in as much detail as possible.  Good luck.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your feedback. I will read through the manual to see how I can resolve. Thank you for so many tips! 

HP Recommended

My problem is the formatter card - is this required for the printer to operate?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.