Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i need a pcl3 printer,can i use a plc3 enhance printer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @LA152, Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand the PC recognizes only PCL3 printer.

Is your printer connected by a wired or a wireless connection?

Please share the printer model to assist you better.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

1. Check to see if the correct printer drivers for your printer are located on the computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows. You can also visit the Windows Update Web site or the printer manufacturer's Web site. If you cannot find the correct driver, continue to the next step.
  2. Log on to the computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows by using an account that has administrative permissions.
  3. On the physical printer, use the device menus to print a configuration page. The printed configuration page typically lists the supported printer emulations. For example, the configuration page might list PostScript, PCLXL, or PCL as supported printer emulations.
  4. On the computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Printers and Faxes.
  5. Double-click Add Printer.
  6. Click Next.
  7. Click Local printer, click to clear the Automatically detect and install 

check box, and then click Next.

8. Click Create a new port, and then click Local Port next to Type of Port.
  9. In the Port Name dialog box, type the path of the printer by using the following syntax:

\\print server name\printer name

10. Click Next.
  11. In the Install Printer Software page, click the correct manufacturer under the Manufacturer column, click the name of a printer that supports the same printer emulation as your printer, click Next, and then click Finish. For example, if you have an HP LaserJet printer that supports Post Script (PS) emulation, try to locate another HP LaserJet printer model that has a similar model number and that supports PS emulation.
  12. In Printers and Faxes, right-click the printer that you added, and then click Properties.
  13. Click the General tab, and then click Print Test Page.
  14. If the test page prints correctly, you have found a matching printer driver. If the test page is unreadable, you must find another printer driver or try another emulation type.

Also, uninstall the drivers from the root level your PC and install the full feature drivers on your PC and check if it helps.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Update the full feature printer software from this link. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Mr Robert, sorry i did not expand my question,

The device is a laboratory equipment but not a PC. This makes it difficult to go through your procedure.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@LA152, Thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Please share the printer model name to assist you better.

I understand you can't test the suggestions suggested.

Please elaborate your query to assist you better.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.