Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T125
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all 

I would much appreciate your help. 

I bought a new printer: 

Hp Designjet T125 
Product number: 5zy57a 

This is my problem. 

Im using indesign to print posters. 

I have to find the right color profile for both the printer and the document in Indesign to print the right colors. 
I have the right driver installed. 

I´ve tried to set the document color setting to RGB 1998 and the printer color setting to RGB 1998. The colors looks ok but there are color lines in the document. 

Does anyone have experience with this printer using settings from Indesign to print correct? 

thanks in advance

Louise

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you tried with increasing print quality settings, can you post a sample of your print?

Designjet T125 is printer intended to be used for CAD and technical drawings, not for printing graphics and posters. If your business is printing posters then you have a wrong device, but if you want to print a few posters for yourself then increasing print quality should remove banding and white lines on the printout.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi 

Yes, the setting is set at best quality. I was told I could use this printer for posters. I dont know how to post a samle in this thread.

HP Recommended

You could use that printer for posters, but you can't expect to have results like on the graphic plotter that is meant for printing posters.

Scan or take a photo of your sample and you have a camera icon ( bottom right) for inserting photos.

Screenshot from 2020-04-21 15:17:58.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

93890213_259228271893735_5702401394267389952_n.jpg

This is how it looks in best quality. Hp printer. Hp paper. Hp ink. 
The black text in the buttom is very matt. Not vibrant and colorful at all. 
The colors on the screen and the colors on the print are also not the same. 

HP Recommended

Forget about having the same colour on screen and on paper, you need a professional calibrated monitor and printer for that. Creation of colours on screen and on paper are very different, and to have the same result on the screen and on paper you need high tech devices, not T125.

What kind of paper is that? If you print from MS Excell black how is the result on the same paper? If you export your file to pdf and print it like a pdf how good black is then ?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello,

in T125 you cannot add manually a custom ICC profile otherwise you tested printing with the latest PCL driver?

V3:  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL93197/win_x64_pcl3_drv.zip

V4: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/win-x64-pcl3-V4-drv.zip

is the issue appear only with Indesign? version 2020?

what is the media used (loaded roll)? 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.