Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Not known yet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I'm wanting to print using a roll of transparancy media.  I'm not sure if I need a specific type of printer.  Anything that prints pages wider than 210mm would be overkill regarding width.  I may need to set page length to  2 or 3 meters in length.  Can anyone please suggest a printer model or models that will be suitable? Has to print in colour.  May not need to be Deskjet, or large format or a press I presume.. Thank you. Rich EDIT: I think a lot of printers will have the capacity to print high resolution colour images on transparancy media.  Perhaps the key issue is what printers support roll media. Not sure how easy it is to obtain that info without it being a chore. Could do to persuse a table of sorts (Comparison chart). Maybe I can find one. I know a lot of effort is put into after- sales support, but how much on pre-sales.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ability to roll feed media will put you into the 100 series printers (110, 120, 130) or even the 24" like the T1100 (older model) due to the length you're looking to print.  Better to get to big of a printer than too small.  Those are the smallest ones I know of that will roll feed.

Others might have other suggestions.  Shouldn't be too hard to find what you're looking for.  And you can come back to this forum and do a search for the model you're looking at to see what kind of issues other owners have had with that model.

What's your general location?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi Richard

never doubt at all on design jet t795. I'm user on it for long times and all my outputs are only on trans film for silkscreen. (I'm a pro). but transparent films could answer on dye inks only and waterproof.

however before you buy you should take your trans film and going to the people who has these devise. may be your films are non waterproof. test it.

I'm only use original ink cartridges. nice and pure black on my films for exposing

HP Recommended

Ability to roll feed media will put you into the 100 series printers (110, 120, 130) or even the 24" like the T1100 (older model) due to the length you're looking to print.  Better to get to big of a printer than too small.  Those are the smallest ones I know of that will roll feed.

Others might have other suggestions.  Shouldn't be too hard to find what you're looking for.  And you can come back to this forum and do a search for the model you're looking at to see what kind of issues other owners have had with that model.

What's your general location?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Hi all. Thanks for what has been said. I'm effectively  trying to create something akin to  photographic slides out of digital images. Usually people want to turn photographic slides into digital images, but I want to do more-or-less the opposite. I'm in UK. Just need some signposting to set me on the right direction. Absolute newbie at the moment as to printers and printing. I'm busy trying to select a good book on digital printing that would cover priinting on transparant media or a book entirely on that subject. I'd be putting a backlight behind the transparancy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.