Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T650 36-in Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi. My HP Designjet T650 has suddenly started printing documents off center. I'm printing from AutoCAD software. It previews fine in the Autocad software print preview, but it appears off centered in the Printer preview and prints off centered as well. I've already reinstalled the software.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I'll have to check for sure on my other computer but I believe ACAD has a centering button that, when checked, it will automatically center the drawing on the paper size you've selected.  You might have to uncheck it and recheck it.  Maybe try that first?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Having the check box centered in AutoCAD makes no difference, The plot also appears off centered when printing from PDF.plot off centered.jpg

HP Recommended

You might want to try doing a "Select All" in autocad and see if something is hiding outside the border that you can't see on the screen, causing the printer to think there's something there that needs to print.  I've had that happen a few times where I've left an unseen entity outside the border and would throw off the centering on the printer page.

HP Recommended

Thank you D Hook, but I'm pretty sure its not a AutoCAD issue as the plot is off centered when printing from other applications. I more believe its a driver issue as it started doing this after a driver update.

HP Recommended

I forgot to ask earlier:  Does it do this on anything you try to print, even something that is not on Acad?  Some document from another program like Word for instance?

HP Recommended

Yes it does this from all applications

HP Recommended

Have you checked the margin settings?  Those can sometimes get out of whack, especially after software upgrades/reinstall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.