Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T120

Hello,

I need to store my DesignJet for 6-months. Is there a way to clean the printer head, so the ink doesn't clog it when it dries out? Is there anything else I should consider doing?

I appreciate your suggestions!

Thanks,

Vinnie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Get a copy of Qimage, it has a user configurable  unclogging routine that uses little ink but keeps it flowing too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

6 months is a way too long period for an inkjet printer to be left unused, there are no instructions to store it so after 6 months the printhead would be 100% functional.

It would be better if you can arrange someone to print at least one page per week that leave it unused for 6 months.

Never turn OFF your printer without ink cartridges.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Get a copy of Qimage, it has a user configurable  unclogging routine that uses little ink but keeps it flowing too.

HP Recommended

Untitled-2.jpg  This is an image of Qimage's Unclog Routine. Click on it to enlarge.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much - that is very helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.