Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Designjet T520 that won't print the entire item, just a small square of the bottom of the item.  It then cuts off the paper like the job is complete.   I am trying to print using the roll of paper.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You did not define the image print size properly on paper roll size.

Before you print... make sure you have your image edited correct size, according to the roll you going to use.

then click            print               print setting         paper             custom               give a size name       

then              roll your media size  loaded    24   36   42 etc    ( not your image width )

high             add one inch extra for margin to your image high.

landscape           porttrait              depend on your image size,.

pay attention to the layout on       top right            make sure layout properly. sometimes no, due to

media rotation.....

if all ok... click save & return to print screen.  make sure the left window, which your image lay out fine...

check   printer profile                  icc profile   other options.

These steps good for other model printers which are the most basics to operate  large format or other size printers   .

HP Recommended

I have changed the paper settings many times and all it does is keep printing that same little square in the corner.   I am printing PowerPoint slides, would that make a difference?

HP Recommended

When it prints this little box, it is not the entire slide, just the bottom right hand corner of the slide.

HP Recommended

Sounds to me your images were very small , one by one...

Use photoshop, lightroom etc to create professional images...

good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi,  Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

If required please update the latest firmware through HP DesignJet Printer Utility.

Driver and Firmware: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t520-printer-series/5263079

N.B: Firmware Rev. depands on your printer last digit on Part Number like: CQ890A/B/C

Once complete the firmware update, then try to settings like below (Just change the Paper Size):

Please choose your requirements wise paper size and follow like below setup.

a.jpg1st Partb.jpg2nd Part

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I have to rely on someone else from tech to download the drivers,    If the driver is downloaded properly, does the print menu look that way?  I don't have the option listed about Avoiding clipping on the rotation.  

HP Recommended
Please correctly setup your printer driver.... If not possible plz share where r u get the problem.....i will share full driver setup process.....
Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

I used the instructions that were posted in the screen shots, Now I get almost half of the poster  but it is still not printing correctly.   The bottom half of the poster is not coming up.  I tried a PowerPoint slide and then it just printed a small version of that right in the middle of the poster.  Are there any other settings I could try?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.