Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks,

I have a troubling situation concerning printer profiles in Windows 10 and I didnt figure out if it is printer or Os related. I created custom printing profiles in Windows 10:

- DIN A4, duplex, color

- DIN A3, non-duplex, B/W

I configured also the paper tray settings in the printer settings menu (Tray1: DIN A4, Tray2: DIN A3), but the settings wont be saved switching the paper size. Example: I am printing a DIN A3 document and the following document is DIN A4. After switching from DIN A3 profile to DIN A4 profile the paper size is still DIN A3.  Has anybody experienced this problem too?

Printer: HP OfficeJet 7740

Printing Software: Adobe Acrobat DC

Kind regards,

Daniel

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Daniel148

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer full feature driver

Click here to download the driver.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Follow the steps mentioned in this HP document for custom size printing:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.