Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 360

Our HP Latex 360 is no longer allowing us to use the take-up reel. The onboard screen shows it as "Uninstalled" and the option itself is grayed out. We've powered off and on and plugged, and replugged the connecting cable but still no luck. Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Prepress4092, 

You are saying that when you choose the Substrate menu for loading that the Enable TUR is unavailable?

I am not sure if the TUR can be turned Off/On from the front panel or Service mode, I will look into that next time I'm in front of a Latex.

There are 2 connection points - the TUR motor assembly connects to the back of the printer and the Dancer bar connects to the motor assembly. Have you checked both connections.

Roy K

HP Recommended

Yes, we checked all our connections and they appear intact. Oddly we just left everything in place and it worked afterall. We are wondering if the latest firm ware update may have in some way bypassed the interface. We still show the option as grayed out, Yet the mechinism switches on and works. 

HP Recommended

This is what I learned... when the take up reel isnt working... red/green light flashing. Move the take up reel bar up by hand. This tends to "stimulate" it into working mode. We were scratching our head with it too. It only seemed to work after we messed with it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.