Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
PageWide XL 4500PS
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

we have a PageWide XL 4500PS at our office, and we typically use the HPGL/2 driver- as most of our work is CAD based and the PostScript options/configuration tools aren't necessary.

What I was hoping to do was to remove all of the 'oversize'  page size options, if not for all users than at least for myself. It seems that eliminating paper types is pretty straightforward in the Web Configuration Admin tools, but sizes don't seem to be editable. This would be really handy, as we'll never use the ISO standards or any of the Oversize A1 series, for instance- and the plotter defaults to those in some cases, making the pages print incorrectly.

Any suggestions would be most helpful!

Thanks!

Alex

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So it looks like you can do this in the 'Advanced' tab of the PostScript driver, but is there no way to do this in the HPGL/2 driver? If I'm the only person in the office using the PS driver, my sheets'll stand out- and probably not in a great way.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.