Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T2300 Post Script

We needed to know whether a roll of 36 x 300' would fit in this plotter before we go and purchase it. It currently fits the 150' but we have to replace it often. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I don't have access to the manuals right now but here's how to figure it out.

Your need to have the diameter of the 300' roll and then measure the removable end cap from the spindlel and if the diameter of the role is less than the diameter of the spindle plate it should work.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
I don't have access to the manuals right now but here's how to figure it out.

Your need to have the diameter of the 300' roll and then measure the removable end cap from the spindlel and if the diameter of the role is less than the diameter of the spindle plate it should work.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended
Here's a follow up thought to that, a 300' roll can have a wide-range of diameters because if it's just up plain paper or it's not real thick 300' of that is not going to have nearly the same diameter as 300' of a heavy photo paper.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help! I measured the diameter of the end cap. The removable cap measures 4" all the way across. However, the reel that is part of the bar that holds the paper measures 5". The paper I was looking to purchase says the diameter of the paper is 4.5".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.