Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings from a new user. 

Does anyone know why my Adobe Photoshop Elements v.10 software cannot see my Designjet 500 printer.  Message says "before you can print you need to install a printer" or very similar.

However my Designjet works fine if i simply use file explorer to print.   Is this an adobe or HP problem? Any advice gratefully received. 

Thanks David.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

can you save your photoshop file as a jpeg file and then go into your pictures and print?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

can you save your photoshop file as a jpeg file and then go into your pictures and print?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. I've found that PSE Organiser recognises the printer, and I can print jpegs from the Organiser no problem. It was just when I tried to print from the Editor that PSE cannot see the printer. Strange issue, but at least a solution is there. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.