Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP 750C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Guys, 

I really need help finding the driver and a install tutorial for the old HP 750c plotter.. Can anyone help me with that?

I tried some tutorials but the printer can't seem to appear when connected to the computer, it just make the sound of "new device" connecting. I'm using  a parallel to USB cable.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Parallel to USB is not the recommended method, mostly because the 750 predates USB. You would be better off getting either an old external JetDirect or a parallel print server device and connecting via network. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I do have any other options? Because the parallel to USB cable seems to work. The printer does not find itself but if I install manually I have success in putting the devices in my printers, but can't seem to work anything. 

The print command returns an error. I'm using win Xp X64 driver. I'm kinda lost here(all this fuss in the world and I need to work).

Is there any other workarounds? I saw some posts where people get windows 10 to work with this printer, but, none of them say what ports they are using, also: do you think I have any chance of success with the adapter with another version of Windows?

I just need a light here. Thanks for your answer anyway!

HP Recommended

My advice was based on extensive experience with old equipment and new operating systems and the generally hit and miss nature of usb to parallel adapters. You might want to consider buying a parallel port for your new pc if that is an option.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.