Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500

My plotter is only plotting in blue.  Cartridges not empty.  What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The printheads how old are they and when were they replaced the last time?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I don't know.  Is there a way to test?  Is there a way to clean?  I don't use this plotter much, so it sits idle for long periods of time.

HP Recommended

You will need to replace printheads if you want to use it. If it will be sitting idle in the future than it's not worth buying and replacing printheads.

Find yourself local print shop and get your drawings print there it's cheaper.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You can try to rescue the printheads. Remove them from printer. Take a piece of lint free cloth and wet it with water and then set the heads on the wet cloth for a few minutes. This will often soften ink clogging the heads. Gently wipe the bottom, return to printer and run a printhead cleaning or an alignment.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.