cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Plotter HP Designjet T120 blue screen and error code B3686170

HP Recommended
DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

today my HP DesignJet T120 plotter woke up with a blue screen containing the code B3686170.It shuts down if i keep the power button and if i push the power button again it boots up in the same blue screen.

Can you help me solve this issue ? Can you suggest a way of hardware reset without using touch screen?

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,278 6,224 667 1,621
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In dealing with Designjet support I have been told that a blue screen with error means a bad main board and requires replacement.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Repairatrooper....Is there any other hard reset option available ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
40 27 2 6
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many times an HP printer fault has self rectified by turning machine off,  pulling plug from wall socket and waiting 10 minutes before re-connecting and re-booting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
10 10 1 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You need to replace HP Encrypted chip 

It is inside the printer on main PCA 

in USB slot 

Like this one 

chip na plytce.jpg

I use this one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Designjet-T520-T120-Blue-Green-Screen-Error-Solution-Encrypted-chip/2838...

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation