Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T920
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly the plotter stopped print out from my Autocad application. 

I rebooted my computer and tried to print from another application, but still unable to print out. 

I downloaded the latest driver from your website and installed on my windows 10 desktop. 

T920.jpg

now I am able to print but the paper size option is totally changed and give me the below options only.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-21 at 10.01.30 AM (2).jpeg

and it takes some time to print out the job.

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-21 at 10.01.30 AM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-21 at 10.01.30 AM (1).jpeg

while it used to give me option like the below or Portrait and landscape 

WhatsApp Image 2020-02-20 at 2.46.31 PM.jpeg

I have download the latest firmware but unable load it to the printer. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Have you looked for a driver from the AutoDesk website?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering why i need to ask the Autodesk company while HP is manufacturer and should be responsile for any driver issue or update version.

I am also not able to upgrade the firmware of this plotter. 

I am shocked how can i reach HP support for my annoying issue. I paid 2000$ for this plotter and no one from HP cares.

HP Recommended

Autodesk writes drivers that work best with their software.  Other companies do the same I believe.  Since AutCAD is so widely used it makes sense for them to provide drivers for printers for their customers to ensure they can print drawings.  HP drivers are written to work on a wide variety of software platforms.

The other thing to remember is that Windows 10 does regular updates and these updates often times will wipe out printer drivers or make changes to them.   HP has no control over the Windows 10 updates.  This is why some are very reluctant to move to Windows 10 platform on work computers.   

As to the firmware update, can you give a little more info on what's blocking you from updating it?  If there's new firmware it should be on the HP website.  

What's your connection method from the computer to the printer?  USB or wireless?  Does it run through a server?

HP Recommended

I logged into the AutoCad website and looked for the driver of my plotter for hours and did not find anything. 

The T920 is connected to via ethernet network as other printers in my office.

Please help me to find the driver from AutoCad website.

Is there a way to wipe all the HP drivers then install the new driver?

Let's say the IP of the plotter is 10.20.40.55. I am not able to access the plotter via the browser like other HP laserjet printer that I have in the office. I checked with the network team and nothing is blocked. 

I downloaded the firmware from this website

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-t920-printer-series/5365093

then transffered the file to the USB after that connected to the USB port on the plotter, but it gives me error.

Shall i format the USB to FAT or FAT32 or NTFS?

https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c03880725   it is not mentioned how to upgrade do it exactly 

HP Recommended

Have your IT guys check the address.  It sounds like rebooting may have changed the address on the printer.  Had that happen to me today on a 4200PS I was working on.  Let your IT guys worry about making the connection.

If you can't do that, look at the properties of the printer on your computer and check to be sure the IP addresses match between the computer and the printer.  Once you have communication, use the EWS (Electronic Web Service) to update the firmware.  (Your computer must have internet access.)

If you have to use a thumb drive, USB thumb drive must be completely empty, nothing at all, no other files can be present or the update will fail.

HP Recommended

Good morning,

Let's install the latest PCL 3 driver:  https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL93197/win_x64_pcl3_drv.zip

and install a new PC3 object in the AutoCAD https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Au...

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.