Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP t730
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased the T730 a few weeks ago and am trying to print a D size copy of a raster image poster.  However, it will only print 8.5 X 11." I have tried this using Paint, IrfanView, Illustrator, etc. (with Windows 7) and get the same results. I have reinstalled the drivers a couple of times following suggestions in  forums for similar (but not identical) problems. I also made sure that the "Send job as bitmap" option was enabled per the forum suggestions. I have made sure that the paper size is correct in both Paper/Quality:Paper Options setting and the Layout/Output: Fit to: option or the equivalent in the different programs. It even gives the correct paper size under the paper roll icon in Paint. However, In the IrfanView Print Preview it always says "Resulting image size on paper: 10.6 X 7.9" in the lower right corner no matter how I change the paper size parameters. This is baffling. I am in need of some help and any would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

before you press    print....     go to print property   >>   use     CUSTOM     option to define your print size accordingly.

for example, if you have a roll of    36"  & your image size is 24x30", so you set up print size as :

width   36"           high     25"     landscape mode.     save   it... press ok .. you can also pick the print quality  there.

after press ok, you return to the print screen & you should see  your image line up properly in preview . if not right,

go back & check the custom size again, check                  media rotate options. it could mess up .

2nd example... if image size 24x48

then you define media width  36"    high    49  ,     portrait / vertical mode.

same way to setup different sizes, no limits...

HP Recommended

OK. That worked and thank you for the technique. However, that seems to be a band-aid solution. I have the same plotter in another location that prints fine with the same programs. Why would it not print the correct size using the standard page definitions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.