Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T250
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone

I have a brand new Designjet T250. The Print preview worked on and off (not consistent) when I first installed the drivers a month a go but then started showing a dialogue box stating Print preview version is outdated and a link to HP Support. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers twice (March 15th) with reboots in-between and I still get the same message rather than print preview screen on all applications.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance Boothy

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @BoothyBoothy 

Try uninstalling everything and then after install the full package of drivers that will also install the latest preview version.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

As per my original post I have done this twice, please advise. Best Boothy

HP Recommended

I see, if you did it twice and the same persist then there is a part of the preview or software that doesn't uninstall, try installing only the preview and if the same happens then try another computer.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I too have this same issue and have tried the same things for my Designjet T210. Comes up with same error... Is there a way to bypass the outdated error and use the "Older" version 

HP Recommended

Hi @ThisGuy13 

The version of the driver and the version of the HP Print Preview must be the same (middle numbers).

You may need to uninstall everything and reinstall it fresh (first the driver then the HP Print Preview).

HarryCR_0-1624993837052.jpeg

There is no older version  available. 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Yes that is what I have done. The driver pack had the print preview in it as well and it still said it was outdated. Then I tried installing the print preview only and it extracted, then configured, then did not install as it is the same version that is already installed. 

HP Recommended

Try complete uninstalling the software, drivers and preview as per the guide I am sharing, then install the full software package and test. 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Its Crazy but followed all your uninstall instructions (thank you) and it still came up with Print Preview driver outdated. I wonder if it has something to do with when I reinstalled the printer? After following uninstall instructions I restarted then downloaded and installed the driver  and print preview in that order. 

- HP DesignJet and PageWide XL PCL3 Driver for Windows 61.2102.1.101

- HP Print Preview 2.2102.1.103

After that I added the printer by going to settings / Printers and scanners. From there I found the Designjet T210 and it Installed. Do you think that when I added the printer in this step it installed some older driver or version?

Thanks.Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi @ThisGuy13 

The installation of the driver has to be done under Devices and Printer in the control panel no under printers and scanners, i is possible that while doing that you are installing the windows embedded driver, try again the full uninstall and then install under devices and printers and be careful in not installing the Windows driver.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.