Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200PS 44in Photo Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The error message "printer information not available" started appearing a couple of weeks ago.  Information on roll size and type always appeared until that time.  I don't know if I inadvertently hit a setting, but if so I cannot find where that setting might be.  The refresh button beside the "Currently Loaded Paper"  does not change the dialog box below. 

The paper size and type does show in the printer utility program. 

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Not sure but it looks like maybe you have two drivers loaded for this printer?  (Looking at text at top of screen shot you supplied.)  You may have to delete one of them.  Sometimes more than one driver will cause this.  Anyway, that's been my experience.  I've had problems where more than one printer on a system can cause conflicts.

If you delete the other driver be sure to reboot the computer after the delete.

You might end up deleting all the drivers and reloading, rebooting between deletes.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.