Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having trouble printing large file blueprints on my Designjet z2100.  First off does anyone know if there are hp-GL/2 upgrade kits still available.  Secondly I have tried upgrading the firmware using this file (TR8-TR_12_00_00-1_mvl40-x86-opt_B.fmw) and it is not working.  I would like to continue to use this printer for this purpose but the hp utility just spins when it tries to load the preview.  

Any recommendations would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Stevearcoplast 

What is the issue printing the blueprints? Did it work before printing them, it is because this printer is not for technical purposes.

The upgrade kit is not longer available from HP because this printer came out of their support some years ago and probably you can get it from a 3rd party service provider.

When you said that the firmware is not working what do you mean, is the printer showing an error while doing that?

The HP Utility and Preview were modified so I cannot guarantee that they will keep working for this printer model.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Dear Sir 

hpgl2 upgrade    for the designjet z2100 s not any more available

as for the upgrade you have 2 upgrade 2 upgrades and install each one and downloading the correct firmware 

if your current How to check the Product No. of your printer
Product No. Revision name
Q6675A, Q6675B, Q6677A HP Designjet Z2100 Photo Printer Revision A
Q6675C, Q6677C HP Designjet Z2100 Photo Printer Revision C
Q6675D, Q6677D HP Designjet Z2100 Photo Printer Revision D
Q6718A, Q6719A, Q6720A, Q6721A HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer Revision A
Q6718B, Q6719B, Q6720B, Q6721B HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer Revision B is older than 7.0.0 u should download the 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.