Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

how did you get that to work?

i turned off drivers signing requirement

the file above was no longer available so i used the one provided by HP 

selected the .inf file and got an error saying its not compatible with windows 10 64bit

please send the file that you used

thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got that too, the drivers on the HP site do not work with the latest driver signing.  One of the other posters here provided a link, which I'm going to assume is no longer functional.  

Overall, I'm really disapointed in HP, and I'm not shy about saying that here.  As I wrote previously, I 100% understand not wanting to support printers/plotters forever...I just ask that they put the code on GitHub when they're ready to abandon them.  

In any case, here's a link to the file on my Google Drive account: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Viaau35eVb_P_OALzZX4-0xzICVrOpZ6/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if that works, good luck.

DD

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I got that too, the drivers on the HP site do not work with the latest driver signing.  One of the other posters here provided a link, which I'm going to assume is no longer functional.  

Overall, I'm really disapointed in HP, and I'm not shy about saying that here.  As I wrote previously, I 100% understand not wanting to support printers/plotters forever...I just ask that they put the code on GitHub when they're ready to abandon them.  

In any case, here's a link to the file on my Google Drive account: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Viaau35eVb_P_OALzZX4-0xzICVrOpZ6/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if that works, good luck.

DD

HP Recommended

Well i got further! then it says "the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file." 

How did you remedy that? also how are you interfacing with the printer? im having a hard time finding a printer cable. does the printer work ok over a network? anything special i would have to do?

i also agree with you 100% at least provide data so we can suport lagacy equipment ourselves.

when i installed windows 10 i found out that my cdrom drive was no longer supported by HP and windows no longer included drivers so i had to use an external cdrom drive for the rest of the life of the laptop. 

anyway, thank you 

HP Recommended

If I remember right, you'll still need to install them with driver signing off because the files are not signed by either MS or HP.  The 'hash' of the file seems to suggest that it's a signature issue.  If you still have trouble, I'll check through the several variations that I tried.  I also seem to remember that installing the zip directly didn't work any more...I expanded, then pointed the installer directly at the *.inf file in the bundle.

I also needed to remove all the existing print drivers too, I had tried so many times with different combinations, the system was polluted with various cached dll's that needed to be erased.  If you don't remove them, the wrong DLL may be loaded up on the same connection...  This link will get you started: https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/completely-remove-uninstall-drivers-windows-10.html 

In order to connect, I have the plotter connected via JetDirect on my office LAN, pretty sure the only folks still using parallel ports are the robotics / CNC folks.

Good luck and complain loud too!  Perhaps some VP at HP will realize that putting the old drivers on GitHub doesn't pose any risk to the sales of new plotters or their current IP, and its a really 'proper' thing to do for the customers who've supported them.

HP Recommended

Here's another link to my original thread:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/DesignJet-755CM-driv...

Good luck again, hope you get something going 🙂

HP Recommended

thank you for your help, that was the thread i found origianally before contacting you. i set testsigning on and installed by pointing to the .inf file as described. one of your replies.. you had the same issue and you said you commented that line out and got another error. that was before you set test signing off. i think thats what i need to do. was it the .inf file you edited?

HP Recommended

im tempted to try running it on a virtual machine. but graphics programs are seriously limited on windows nt. think it would work on windows xp? i could try linux too..

HP Recommended

yeap, i think i did the same thing you did on the .inf file and got the same error message. i removed the brackets from the line and now back to where i was. 

i dont have any other printers installed, nothing to delete

HP Recommended

I'm really sorry about the confusion, as I wrote, I had 'several' copies of the driver...some I was editing, some that were stock..and one that actually worked.  I think I may have passed you the wrong package.

Here's a link to the driver that may have been updated:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yT-_iRtsSJi29gtI7pBHq9grbvvaxFSG/view?usp=sharing

I hope this one works, I even had a look at 'PEExplorer' too.  Would really love to update these drives so they could run on Win10 without all the fuss.  My plotter works fine, only difficulty these days is finding replacement ink cartridges.

DD

HP Recommended

oh its perfectly ok, im just happy someone is trying to help me!

im not sure what to do with those files you just shared, they dont seem to be related. or do i need to like rename the .inf file and swap it in place of the old one? the text inside isnt recognisable either though. 

about the cartriges, i found them on amazon. they are aftermarket, not hp cartriges but they should work fine. i get my toner via amazon aftermarket as well. works great and way waaaaay cheaper. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.