Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Deksjet Ink Advantage 2645
Other

Well, it is getting frustrating! We do have problem with the non compatible ink cartridge also.. We live in Philippines... but i buy this printer in a UAE then  the original ink cartridge is 650 black/tri, but in this Philippines the the compatible ink is 678 black/tri. I would like to request to change the ink cartridge  to 678 to compatible to my country Philippines. pls help me what to do. thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @CN51U4G0KK

First at all you need get both ink cartridges from Philippines, to regionalize your printer need contact Tech support to they help you to do this change

Hope solve your issue

I work on behalf of HP, regards.
Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @CN51U4G0KK

First at all you need get both ink cartridges from Philippines, to regionalize your printer need contact Tech support to they help you to do this change

Hope solve your issue

Click the KUDOS thumb; up on the left to say 'Thanks' Make it easier for other people to find solutions

HP Recommended

i already buy the new cartridge in Philippines, then the prompt of printer " incompatible cartridge" -the indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer. can you give me details for your  tech support to change this, thank you

HP Recommended

I am VERY frustrated.

I have a printer that I bought in the US but for some reason is set to another region. My ink cartridges went dry after my warranty expired. 

I tried searching online to get the z20 cartridges with no luck. I went through the maze of automated assistants with no luck.  Now I’m scanning these boards with no luck. I just need a good email or phone number to get the region reset. 

BTW, HP, you should know this is an issue and make it easier to buy cartridges by region rather than frustrating your customers. At this rate, I am NEVER going to by HP again.  I do not need to battle with my printer for as much time as it took me to figure this all out completely on my own. 

HP Recommended

@NP123

I have gone through your post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Im having the same problem as above with my HP 3056A . Its displaying Incompatible Tricolour Cartridge,  I've tried for the last two days working  though various virtual help screens , going around in circles but still unable to alter my printer from HP 61 ink cartridges to the UK      HP 301

Unfortunately as the printer is out of warranty. So  im unable to contact HP technical for help  but the inks are still under warrantee being HP Originals

Can you advise as I would like to get the printer working again in the UK

HP Recommended

Follow up.  Today I got help from HP.   Before today, more than once I was told since my printer was out of warranty, I’d have to buy a new printer. Obviously that was not acceptable to me when the only thing wrong with it was that I was almost out of ink.  Ultimately, HP helped me out. 

This  is what I did. 

Call 800-474-6836. Work through the phone tree to get to speak with a person.   Before I called, I needed a computer running windows, printer chord to hardwire the printer to the computer, and all new z10 cartridges (all four).  I used official HP ones...

The HP rep remoted into my computer after I opened a web browser to: hp.com/123 

Essentially, it took about an hour.  After I clicked through permissions and ran the HP applet, they took it from there. HP checked the printer, installed an app, etc.  The only other thing I needed to do was physically switch out the other region cartridges for the z10s. After printing two test pages, it was set..

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear your issue was solved, as I told you previously you need purchase the four ink cartridges and then you need contact tech support team to they provide you the solution

Hope have a good day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.