Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 5500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My black print head called for replacement.  I ordered a new one, and it worked once.  Went to use it again, and got an error, saying "reseat".  I also cleaned to contacts on the carriage, per other threads.  Couldn't get that head to work, so ordered a brand new one, same issue, says "reseat".  Can't get it to clear error.  I'm about ready to roll this p.o.s. to the dumpster.  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sometimes it helps to reseat the printhead adjacent to the one you're having problems with as well.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Didn't help.....same issue

HP Recommended
May want to try powering down, removing all printheads and media, then following prompts on startup. If that doesn't work maybe there is a problem with the trailing cable and/or carriage. Could go into diagnostics to test the appropriate components.
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Reseat Print Head Error

Problem Description: Faulty printhead or carriage pca.

The possible cause could be: Carriage PCA

Corrective Action:

1. Make sure cartridge levels are above 40% while replacing printhead.

2. Remove all the cartridges from the plotter and printhead.

3. Turn on the plotter without cartridges and printhead, if it gives message as: missing printhead
first install all the cartridges one by one and then continue with printhead replacement.

4. When it gives message : missing printhead, make sure cartridges are inserted first and then printhead for the replacement to be completed successfully

5. After doing all the above steps, if still error persists, try upgrading firmware in the plotter.

6. After Firmware upgradation, follow same steps 1,2, 3 and 4 it should complete the process.

7. If still issue persists, might be printhead has gone faulty, get the printhead replaced from vendor\dealer\HP ARC.

8. If it is checked with more than 2 printheads, might be carriage pca has gone faulty, get the part replaced from HP.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi did you ever get to solve this issue as I am having the same issue believe it or not with the same colour 

Many Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi did you ever solve this issue ? 

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.