Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet t1200

Could anybody tell me how to setup a new formatter in plotter T1200?

Do I have to format HDD before I transfer the  HDD from old formatter to new formatter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well Hriosm,

I do not have experience with ebay, amazon or aliexpress "seller remanufactured" part but only with original spare parts coming from HP (either directly or over authorized spare part reseller).

What I know is that on formatter, HDD, display, actually looks like all electronic boards, there is stored sort of  Part Number and Serial Number information of printer in which they work. So, if you take working formatter from one printer and put it in another it will not work (because this information is different). If you put it back it will work. (this happened to me on T1100 eight years ago, so I conclude that it must be some sort of serial and part number in every board of printer; and from my point of view T1100, T1200, T1300 are 90% the same except the speed...)

If you buy original spare form HP, it will not have this sort of serial and part number information in it until you insert it in printer. Then on initialization it will take them from other boards, reboot and printer will work. Yes, after this the part will not work in any other printer except this one.

Again I am saying this from my personal experience. On the other hand I do not know is there a way to reset this information on used part to be used in another printer (like in your case formatter).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Take HDD from defective (the one that you are removing from printer) fomatter and install it on ew formatter. Put formatter bac to T1200 and switch it on.

HP Recommended

Hi JackB44,

I did that but didn´t complete initialization. Gets stuck on message "Initializing.."

I read somewhere that you may get problems when the formatter was refurbished and inserted on different plotter than originally. Do you know about that?

Regards

HP Recommended

Well Hriosm,

I do not have experience with ebay, amazon or aliexpress "seller remanufactured" part but only with original spare parts coming from HP (either directly or over authorized spare part reseller).

What I know is that on formatter, HDD, display, actually looks like all electronic boards, there is stored sort of  Part Number and Serial Number information of printer in which they work. So, if you take working formatter from one printer and put it in another it will not work (because this information is different). If you put it back it will work. (this happened to me on T1100 eight years ago, so I conclude that it must be some sort of serial and part number in every board of printer; and from my point of view T1100, T1200, T1300 are 90% the same except the speed...)

If you buy original spare form HP, it will not have this sort of serial and part number information in it until you insert it in printer. Then on initialization it will take them from other boards, reboot and printer will work. Yes, after this the part will not work in any other printer except this one.

Again I am saying this from my personal experience. On the other hand I do not know is there a way to reset this information on used part to be used in another printer (like in your case formatter).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.