Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z9+ postscript printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello, I use my design jet only with the sheet feed.

I will be constantly feeding paper in and after awhile printing my printer fails to recognise that the sheet is unloaded.

I continue to work by clicking "unload" & rolling a piece of paper through the feed and it triggers the sensor that it has in fact unloaded a non existent piece of paper. 

This culminates in a full system error message with all the testing being passed except for the end step where it asks me to "unload" a piece of paper that isn't there.

Has anyone else had this problem/knows how to fix it without a technician?

IMG_5280.JPGIMG_5281.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi  Charlotte

The error  seems to be related to the motor  that pushes the media inside .. but the part appearing  q5669-67801  is related to the sensor of the media that probably is out of its position .

so fist check the media sensor from under the right side of the plotter , the media sensor is the number 5 .

sheet sensor .jpgyou can check the sensor from behind with a lamp or light to check the position of the sensor and try to insert a smaller card board  to check the functionality .. please do this when plotter is turned off  as you can hurt your hand ...  if not solved  continue

try from underneath the plotter to remove and reinstall the sensor using  a flat screw driver WhatsApp Image 2021-03-02 at 13.48.24.jpeg

.If you can do it  its great , but .... its an hp technician job to   fix it  .

take care 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.