Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
hp designjet t1100 44"

Hi. T1100 designjet - will not cut between pages just cuts at end of all pages. Customer is 400 miles away.

I have told him the following:

1. Maybe cutter is off. Turn it on or enable it in the menu.

2. nesting - front panel--turn it "off" or "disable".

3. Also after getting into menu (press menu button), select the paper icon, be sure selected paper is "plain" or "bright white inkjet". If not change it to one of those.

4. Also, in "control panel" and under "devices and printers" right click on the t1100 printer, select "printing preferences", select "features", be sure "disable automatic cutter" is NOT selected, click "apply", click on "ok".

Another tech has told me:

If it attempts to cut at the end of each page but fails, then replace the cutter and possibly the encoder strip.

Otherwise, replace the PCA mainboard.

Thanks for any input.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Bottom left button on the control panel if form feed and cut. When pressed does device forms paper roll and then automatically cut's?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Valsimot, Thanks very much for your response. I will convey this to the customer.

And afterwards get back to you with the result.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Also, they can try to restore the printer to factory settings, and check firmware version latest one available for download is TJ6-TAJ6_9.0.1.1

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

So if it "form feeds and cuts" or "does not" "form feed and cut", what then?

Factory settings--you mean reset EEROM?  ....I just don't want to get into having to insert setup printheads, having full inks (at least 85?% full), etc. It seems that is what one has to do after resetting the EEROM.  But I may have to do this.

Thanks very much.  I have thought of reinstalling firmware FW or installing latest FW--I think it has the latest.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I looked at the Adobe Reader "print" window, and subsequently told the customer to do that below. If you have Adobe Reader version DC or similar, you could follow the following steps to print a multi-paged print job 1 page at a time--at least I THINK this would work. I haven't heard back from customer yet, and he may not even respond given history:

"....I just became aware of this in the Adobe software "print" window. When you pull up the pages you want to print in Adobe,
Please try this (I think these are the "default" settings so I think these should already be selected; check to be sure.):
1. Select "Print"
2. Go to the middle of the page. You will see "Page Sizing & Handling".
3. Click on "Multiple".
4. Go to the next line "Pages per sheet"
5. Change the 1st box to "Custom".
6. Change the 2nd box to "1".
7. Change the 3rd box to "1".
8. Go to the next line "Page order".
9. Change that box to "Vertical".

I hope that fixes it. I'm not 100% sure but I hope so."

I was steered in this direction by Phil B. in copytechnet.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.