Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T1100PS
Other

Greetings,

I am getting an error "21.1:03" during printer preparation.

I have changed out the Main PCA (for a previous 8:11 error), which fixed that (8:11) error.

I rebuilt the service station and cleaned/oiled the entire unit.

The Service Station Diagnostics PASS.

The Primer Diagnostics PASS.

Electronics Diagnostics PASS.

I tried clearing the EPROM data.

Every diagnostic I have tried does pass, but unable to perform image printing diagnostics (just locks up, probably because it believes the print head installation is incomplete).

I can hear and see the service station and primer motors working - I also cleaned the ink delivery tubes and refilled them (primed).  That all seems to be working.  The primer assembly has some ink flowing when working.

Any other ideas how to get past the 21.1:03 error?  Anything else I should try?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That error code is service station related. Documentation states to check primer tubes as first step and then replace the service station and finally the print mech pca if the error is not resolved. Did you use purge caps to prime the system? Perhaps not all ink tubes are filled with ink.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply!

I removed and cleaned the ink delivery system tubes, reinstalled them, installed the ink cartridges and then drew ink from the carriage side until ink completely filled the tubes and the syringe had about 2cc of ink waste.  I think it was about 7 or 8cc of ink drawn through each tube and each IDS tube is completely filled with ink.

I am not sure of the procedure for checking the primer tubes, as I did nothing specific with them when I rebuilt the service station.  That could be the problem?  Are the primer tubes in the service station suppose to have both air and ink in the tubes?  (mine do at the moment).  When the printer is performing it's startup routine and the primer motor is rolling, I see ink in each of the four primer tubes flowing sporadically and also see air bubbles in those tubes.

Thanks for the assistance!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.