Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

T120 won't power up when turned on. If I hold the button, there is a orange light under the button but it turns off as soon as I release it. There are no beeps and the screen stays completely blank. It does not illuminate, show the logo, or blue screen, stays completely blank.

The printer was attached to a wifi router via an ethernet cable. I belive there was a lightning strike or surge thru the cable internet. Everything that was attached the router malfunctioned. The internet router and phone router had to be replaced by the ISP. The phone which was hooked up to the phone router stopped working and I replaced it.  The printer which was hooked up via the ethernet cable has not been able to power on since.

I checked the power cable with a voltometer. it is getting 120v so I know the plug and power cable are good.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

See if the attached helps. Problem is when you have a power surge from the ethernet port is probably fried the main pca board and maybe part of the power supply.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  The attachemnet does help, although I was already at step 6 when I posted originally.

Steps 6 says:

To check that the Main PCA is broken you can ask the customer to open the Ink Cartridge Cover and check whether there is a green light (heartbeat LED) flashing in the left bottom part .

I opened the cover and there is no green LED flashing. (I don't see the ink cartiges either as they are parked on the opposite side of printer under right side cover.)  The instructions do not specify whether the green light or lack there of means the PCA is broken.

Any more suggetions?
HP Recommended

Move the carriage assembly back to the left side by hand and then follow the instructions. The parking position for the carriage is on th left side and your plotter stopped working when it was moving to the right so you have to move it back by hand with the power off.

HP Recommended

How do I move it back...is there a release latch somewhere? It does not want to move and I do not want to put too much force less I break something else.

Where can I find a exploded view drawing or parts list for this printer? I'd like to take the covers off but once again I don't want to break anything.

HP Recommended

The power should be off and disconnected. You should then open the top cover and using the thin belt that moves the carriage to move the carriage from the right side to the left. It should move without issue since there is nothing that locks it on that side.

HP Recommended
I have same problem .. how do you move the carriage to the left ? i have tried that using the thin belt but it seens somerhing is holding it back .. have you ever had this problem before?
HP Recommended

How do you move the carriage to the left ? I have tried that using the thin belt but it seems blocked . Any help?

HP Recommended

The Carriage/Printhead with the small cartridges on the T120 does park on the right side.

To move it without power you will have to remove the right cover and somehow release it from the Service Station (could just be latch you release or turning of a T10 screw - I have not yet had to do this myself)

Roy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.