cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ssm2130
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

T210 Bands being printed. Brand new printer.

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T210 24-in Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I unboxed my DesignJet T210 today.  I followed the setup instructions and starting printing from my Windows 10 desktop.

I am using the ink supplied with the printer and HP 24" x 150' Universal Bond Paper roll.

The first print was in B&W line drawing.  It had missing lines in the print.

With new ink I thought maybe it just needed to be worked in so I printed a black and white photo.  It presented with the lines and now had variable darkness wide bars every inch or so.

I opened the troubleshooter and did printed the test documents, cleaned the printer head, and advance aligned the paper.  That resolved the line missing issue, but the bars still persisted.

I tried printing in color, an again the bars are there and are very noticeable.  See the images below to see what I am talking about.  The black grid is printed as intended, but the discolored bars are not on the image.

I am looking for any suggestions or otherwise I am contacting HP support.  The troubleshooter can help me no further.

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 7.29.50 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 7.29.49 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 7.29.49 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ssm2130
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution from HP support:

• Give access to your computer to a support person by installing a temporary app.
  • Delete all instances of the printer on the computer.
  • Load a driver that only HP support has access to via an hp support ftp site.
  • Reinstall printer with those drivers.
  • Convert all images to pdf to be printed.
  • print from Adobe Acrobat DC Reader.
  • Create custom page sizes for every poster size you want to print (in my case hundreds).
  • NEVER use the installed HP software to print posters.
  • WASTE A LOT OF PAPER AND INK IN THE PROCESS

I am very unpleased with this result.  It removed the bars in my print, but come on HP.  The software and drivers you install on my computer when I set this printer up cannot print a poster?  This is a architectural printer sure, but it also prints maps, posters and other types of art.

I find it absurd that the solution is to use Adobe Acrobat DC (which you have to pay for) to be able to print a poster.  Why do I have to convert the files to pdf to be able to print an image.  Its a printer.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
ssm2130
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just ran the print head cleaner again and the full horizontal bars have not improved.  Also, the head cleaner print worked just fine. Also, the unprinted sections o the paper have no marks or bars on them.

InkedWhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.17.05 PM_LI.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM.jpeg

ssm2130
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solution from HP support:

• Give access to your computer to a support person by installing a temporary app.
  • Delete all instances of the printer on the computer.
  • Load a driver that only HP support has access to via an hp support ftp site.
  • Reinstall printer with those drivers.
  • Convert all images to pdf to be printed.
  • print from Adobe Acrobat DC Reader.
  • Create custom page sizes for every poster size you want to print (in my case hundreds).
  • NEVER use the installed HP software to print posters.
  • WASTE A LOT OF PAPER AND INK IN THE PROCESS

I am very unpleased with this result.  It removed the bars in my print, but come on HP.  The software and drivers you install on my computer when I set this printer up cannot print a poster?  This is a architectural printer sure, but it also prints maps, posters and other types of art.

I find it absurd that the solution is to use Adobe Acrobat DC (which you have to pay for) to be able to print a poster.  Why do I have to convert the files to pdf to be able to print an image.  Its a printer.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation