Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T210 24-in Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I unboxed my DesignJet T210 today.  I followed the setup instructions and starting printing from my Windows 10 desktop.

I am using the ink supplied with the printer and HP 24" x 150' Universal Bond Paper roll.

The first print was in B&W line drawing.  It had missing lines in the print.

With new ink I thought maybe it just needed to be worked in so I printed a black and white photo.  It presented with the lines and now had variable darkness wide bars every inch or so.

I opened the troubleshooter and did printed the test documents, cleaned the printer head, and advance aligned the paper.  That resolved the line missing issue, but the bars still persisted.

I tried printing in color, an again the bars are there and are very noticeable.  See the images below to see what I am talking about.  The black grid is printed as intended, but the discolored bars are not on the image.

I am looking for any suggestions or otherwise I am contacting HP support.  The troubleshooter can help me no further.

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 7.29.50 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 7.29.49 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 7.29.49 PM.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solution from HP support:

• Give access to your computer to a support person by installing a temporary app.
  • Delete all instances of the printer on the computer.
  • Load a driver that only HP support has access to via an hp support ftp site.
  • Reinstall printer with those drivers.
  • Convert all images to pdf to be printed.
  • print from Adobe Acrobat DC Reader.
  • Create custom page sizes for every poster size you want to print (in my case hundreds).
  • NEVER use the installed HP software to print posters.
  • WASTE A LOT OF PAPER AND INK IN THE PROCESS

I am very unpleased with this result.  It removed the bars in my print, but come on HP.  The software and drivers you install on my computer when I set this printer up cannot print a poster?  This is a architectural printer sure, but it also prints maps, posters and other types of art.

I find it absurd that the solution is to use Adobe Acrobat DC (which you have to pay for) to be able to print a poster.  Why do I have to convert the files to pdf to be able to print an image.  Its a printer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just ran the print head cleaner again and the full horizontal bars have not improved.  Also, the head cleaner print worked just fine. Also, the unprinted sections o the paper have no marks or bars on them.

InkedWhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.17.05 PM_LI.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-31 at 9.15.06 PM.jpeg

HP Recommended

Solution from HP support:

• Give access to your computer to a support person by installing a temporary app.
  • Delete all instances of the printer on the computer.
  • Load a driver that only HP support has access to via an hp support ftp site.
  • Reinstall printer with those drivers.
  • Convert all images to pdf to be printed.
  • print from Adobe Acrobat DC Reader.
  • Create custom page sizes for every poster size you want to print (in my case hundreds).
  • NEVER use the installed HP software to print posters.
  • WASTE A LOT OF PAPER AND INK IN THE PROCESS

I am very unpleased with this result.  It removed the bars in my print, but come on HP.  The software and drivers you install on my computer when I set this printer up cannot print a poster?  This is a architectural printer sure, but it also prints maps, posters and other types of art.

I find it absurd that the solution is to use Adobe Acrobat DC (which you have to pay for) to be able to print a poster.  Why do I have to convert the files to pdf to be able to print an image.  Its a printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.