Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T2500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is still a problem. Over 40% INK left in the printer on all colors. It still doesn't fill the printhead. Just came across one today. Brand New printhead the 727/732 new type and the old 727 i didn't have any issues with. But these 727/732 i have had 6 that ih ave gone out and replaced come back and have to get a RMA on. Because the **bleep** printer doesn't fill the ink bags for some **bleep** reason. 

So here i am again trying to get these purge to work and all the firmware updated before inserting the printhead and it is still not filling the printhead. Anyway. Even if i can get one to work. I have to go back and setup the new printhead wasting ink and making the customer wait while i get parts and RMA a printhead. ok Rant done. LOL Anyone else have this problem? I also had one where one side of the printhead would fill and the other would not. I heard crinkling like plastic crinkling while it was trying to setup the printhead. Would that be the "Bag" inside the printhead that the ink is filling ?

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hello @Englishjohnny 

That could be a problem with all the ink system of the printer: ISS, Primers, drop detector, you can consider doing an incremental purge from the diagnostics menu.

Also from the diagnostics menu you can run IDS tests and carriage assembly test. 

Minimum ink has to be 40 for Mk ink and 30 for all others so the ink should be fine.

If you get the all pages report from the embedded web server of the printer and there are 27.xx.xx warnings most likely the printer needs service.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I appreciate the response. I have done all of the tests on the IDS to determine weather it was failing. I had to replace the carriage PCA to get the printer to stop repeating the " reseat printhead" message. i installed a printhead and it rejected it saying"printhead replacement has failed." I then did the "incremental purge" to make sure that it wasn't something in the tube assembly gumming up the works. The tubes filled with ink. I then replaced the printhead again and got the same result" printhead replacement has failed." I then proceeded to get a RMA on the printhead and got a new printhead and all new ink to put in the printer and it failed saying " reseat printhead" I took the printhead out and cleaned the contacts on the front with alcohol. and still came up with "reseat printhead" If it took out the PCA again i will be pissed.  I put in a new trailing cable before i replaced the Carriage PCA. So i am not sure what its problem is. 

HP Recommended

Are you a service provider? Why did you replace the carriage PCA? did the carriage test fail?

Did you run the Primer test, did you clean the drop detector?

I saw you used alcohol to clean the printhead contacts which is not recommended for this printhead.

Did you replace the trailing cable along with the  tubes ?

I will suggest you reinstalling the original carriage PCA and checking the service information report looking for either 27.xx.xx or 93.xx.xx warnings because they will advise what you need to replace.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

We are a reseller. I do have a lot of experience fixing these over the past 19 years.  Usually when the Printhead says to reseat like that over and over. I have to replace the carriage PCA. This is a brand new printhead and it is telling me to "reseat" it. Also i have brand new ink in it as well. I had replaced the trailing cable in the printer before i replaced the Carriage PCA. Then when it still told me to reseat the printhead over and over. I ordered a carriage PCA and that took care of the problem until i had a problem with the printhead then the printer would give the "reseat" message again. I did a incremental purge with the old printhead before i tried a new one. It was unsuccessful as well. So what the printhead is doing is a mystery to me. Because i would have to replace the following. Service station, Tube assembly (with trailing cable) , Carriage PCA  all new. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, gather the service information report and check the errors and warnings

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I am getting the following erros on the printer. 02.1:10 the carriage PCA error and the 27.13:00 I included the PDF of the service plot. you can download it here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wsunqdu7cjgdjz/T2500%20Service%20Plot.pdf?dl=0 

HP Recommended

02.1:10 is from 2020 but there warnings showed up recently not only the 27.13:00 shows up also 27.14:00 which is related to problems with both ISS and Primers so these part have to be replaced along with a brand new printhead because the one you are using now it is marked with the reseat message.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

So will the plungers for the ISS test fine and can still be bad? For the printhead what can be done if it is marked "reseat"? Can it be used in another machine? 

HP Recommended

The ISS and Primer tests could pass fine not showing errors however due to the component usage they can be bad, that is why very important to check the Event log specially the warnings section. A printhead marked as reseat could work in a working printer, in fact if you can do it it is possible that machine can pre-purged it so then you can install it in the machine showing reseat.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.