Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community!

I've been trying to solve several problems with my company's T520 for a few weeks now. Most of the problems have been solved, such as multiple prints despite printing once from AutoCAD.

Now my problem is that the plotter keeps losing connection to the wifi or it keeps acquiring and IP address, despite being assigned a static IP on both the router's EWS and the printer's EWS.

It is as if it doesn't recognize the wifi connection, and I have to re-enter the wifi name and password. However, if I reset the plotter or pull the power plug from it, then it starts back up and connects right away without problems. It's as if I have to do this routine every morning and sometimes later in the day.

Additionally, as I'm writing this trying to see what the settings on the static IP is, I can't reach the EWS despite the plotter saying it's connected to the wifi and has the static IP on the display. When I launch the HP DesignJet Utility program it states that the plotter is offline.

What I've tried so far:
1. Updated all drivers (plotter, PCs, router etc.)
2. Assigned a static IP on the router and on the plotter.
3. Changing printer port on all our computers to the exact IP instead of the default port from the installation wizard.

What I think there is left to try:
1. Using a wired connection. It requires that I drill a hole through the wall that the plotter is placed in, and connect it to the router on the other side of the wall. I don't think that the plotter has trouble reaching the router itself. We have another older printer HP LaserJet M750in the same room, which hasn't had any trouble whatsoever.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have had issues with some of HPs lower tier models and wireless. It stems from a compatibility issue with the 5Ghz found in many routers and the chip set used in the plotters. Our usual fix is to assign a different SSID to the 2.4 and 5Ghz channels and allow the printer to only to connect to the 2.4 Ghz channel.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.