Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Desigjet T520

hallo,

my HP Designjet T520 printer doesn't want to instal the new firmware. 

until now, I tried all the offered possibilities by the HP support page but as soon as I download the firmware update the printer beeps long and there is no longer response. I have to restart it.

when I use embaded server possibility, the printer says "there is no connection" or after restart it says "there is another person trying to register"

can anyone help please?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

did you download the firmware on your computer or printer download by it self?

if you download it did you checked the rev of your printer ( rev A,B,C) before downloading?

please let me know to resolve this issue

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for your answer. 

yes, I checked the rev of my printer first and then tried to download by the printer itself. after a few moments I saw on its display the message that "another person is registering the printer".

so I downloaded the firmware file to my computer and tried to upload it to the printer from my computer (HP utility app). after it had started to upload the file, the long beep sounded from the printer, it freezed with the blu screen and had to be restarted manually.

I tried all two ways of firmware update more times, but the procedure and the results are still the same.

thank you

HP Recommended

Hi,

it looks like you need to replace PCA board of the machine. PCA board is like controller board of the printer.

Thanks

HP Recommended

hallo,

thank you for your answer and help. I will try it and see...

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.