Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
t610

I have sent I recently purchased (USED) T610 to an HP authorized repair center to be diagnosed. (Owner just said it did not work, no other info provided)  The Repair center can not check it without the ink and print heads.  What is the minimum number of ink cartridges or printheads I can get by sending them to test it.  I do not want to spend the money on all of them just to find out the machine is no good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For the Designjet T610 - it requires all the print heads and Ink cartridges to be installed and in good conition to test further.  printer does not proceed to initialise without proper supplies and will keep prompting to install the missing or failed supplies.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

For the Designjet T610 - it requires all the print heads and Ink cartridges to be installed and in good conition to test further.  printer does not proceed to initialise without proper supplies and will keep prompting to install the missing or failed supplies.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. --Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. --Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi

To enable the printing test, the printer needs a full set of consumables inserted to get to ready mode, which are 1 set of 3 printheads and 1 set of 6 colors cartridges. Your printer is not new so is not a must to have new set, used printheads and cartridges will do.

Let me know if this is what you asking.

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : minimum ink cartridges

For normal power on condition, minimum 10% of ink is enough to check whether plotter is coming to ready state or not.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  I had hoped I could get away with only buying the black ink and print heads.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.