Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T920ps
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have a T920ps that has had issues waking from sleep mode.

HP has been contacted and been on site to repair but still not working.

Printer will not wake up when a job is sent from printer or when the front panel is pressed.

Client has to turn printer off/on.

Also, they sometimes cannot access EWS which sounds like it may be a network communication issue.

Has anyone else had sleep mode issues?

Does anyine have any ideas to share.

Thanks,

Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The T795 is from a totally different family and the components will not be the same.

The Fix for the T920 - T1500 - T2500 series is the riser board that connects to the main Formatter board (the network card) - replace this board and it should be OK.

Roy K

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you paid HP to service the printer, you should have a warranty to complete the repair.

About the problem,

Make sure the firmware is up to date

If you are using a manual IP config, change it to DHCP and test

Isolate the unit and make sure is not a network problem jaming the network port on the printer.

Make sure the date and time on the printer is set correctly

Do you have any errors on the log?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

hey Mike G,

Firmware is up to date.

It has been changed to DHCP.

I will confirm Date and Time but I am sure it is set correctly.

We have not isolated the printer off the network to monitor.

NOTE: Once unit is turned off/on it works just fine. All other printers (Canon's, HP's and other) are not experiencing any of the same issues or symptoms. Confirmed with client that there is no IP address conflict.

What should I be looking for in the Error Logs?

I am doing what I can to aid my client as it appears HP is not helping.

Cheers,

Roy

HP Recommended

Hi,

Check for the errors listed, maybe the sleep mode is not the actual problem.

Again, If they paid HP to fix the problem and phone support of the onsite tech cannot fix the problem you can request an elevation or consultation to the next level of support.

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Hi,  I have a similar problem with a T795.  Did you manage to find a fix?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The T795 is from a totally different family and the components will not be the same.

The Fix for the T920 - T1500 - T2500 series is the riser board that connects to the main Formatter board (the network card) - replace this board and it should be OK.

Roy K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.