Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200 TypeA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Z3200 has given me many years of good service. I had it serviced by HP a few years ago with new belt etc

I print to it via Qimage on a USB connection.

Qimage has thrown up a Software fault and Its apparently a driver failure.

I plan to update all the software/firmware and connect using network. Also replacing the C32032 bat in the printer.

When I go to the HP Driver site I am shown

Driver Pack (1) 609MB

Driver-Printer (3) 5.7MB

Basic Drivers (1) 4.1MB

Which do I need?

Do they self install once downloaded.

I know I need TYpe A Firmware 303MB

How do you install Firmware?

Ime no PC geek, just a Fine Art Photographer so this may sound like a dumb question and it prob is.

When it was new the CD just did it all as far as I can remember.

That CD is lost.

Thanks anyway.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The driver pack would be the equivalent of the list CD and should give you utilities the driver only package gives and yes it will self-install.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you

The process is now complete

The Packaged DRivers didnt work but the install by Add New Printer did.

Firmware was updated. That requires the Utilities feature to be in use.

Firmware Patch also installed.

A ver useful tool that I didnt know existed is HP Print and Scan Doctor. A free downloadable tool

Despite me setting the connection the IP was wrong but this tool rectified it.

Qimage is back working again with good support from Mike.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.