Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T830
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I bought a brand new T830 just befiore Christmas 2018 and it has never worked properly.

First of all, the cutter didn't operate - found out after an irate call to HP Support that Design Jets don't work with Mac drivers and that the raster driver must be used (the current raster driver has been installed in every workstation) - problem 1 solved.

A couple of weeks later I started having the real problems, when sending a plot to plotter, it would send from the computer, the plotter would act as if it was receiving it and spend about 5 minutes with a spining wheel before spitting out a full blank sheet of paper (the size of the plot sent), we could then send plots to it (for a while at least).

Problem is that the issue is intermittant and there is no guarantee that this happens every time - only when we need a plot quickly (like all of the time).  The motherboard has been changed and it made a difference until a couple of hours after the engineer left. I have spent hours on the phone to a support team that has no understanding that as a business, I cannot afford to hang around on the phone and be available at a moments notice.

Has anyone come across this problem before - This only happens in a Mac environment, we have a laptop in the office and that has no problems with the plotter - just the Macs.  I am now at the stage I am going to basically buy a new plotter (not HP) and throw the other one in the bin.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Contact your vendor, get the name of the local HP rep and work with them. If you have those much of a documented history then I would push HP to repair or replacement,  and we have been successful for clients in having this done.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Will do.  The plotter was boughgt from one of HP's authorised agents so I'm supposed to go through their support centre, but I will contact the vendor - they won't know anything about it though and will probably say I should have contacted them sooner.

HP Recommended

Don't think that,

Printer has 1 year warranty at least(read little text :)!

Your problems - drivers for macos compatibility with this printer. Usual answer - update firmware, update drivers, uninstall and reinstall drivers... After doing these steps and no results - you have the right to bother maintenance support nonstop 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.